Friday 6 April 2007

Technical difficulty

No, alas this is not an interesting entry about technical aspects of the game or anything at all related to football. My internet provider has decided that Easter was a brilliant time to have the lines go down, so I shall be off-line for a week - posts to follow when I manage to get back on line...

Whereas I don't want to write reports while in an internet café I feel a strong need to put out my first "referee-rant" ever. Anyone who watched the Sevilla-Spurs game - can you tell me where they found him, why he was there and which sport he thought he was refereeing? Golf? I just don't know. Anyway, still not a catastrophic result for the lads and we can look forward to the next game.

COYS!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The curse is spreading, dear, as predicted...

Anonymous said...

The good news is that Berbatov is being praised all over Spain as man of the match and a football genius.Even without scoring...
I recall we talked here about a nickname for him and it's ironic the Spaniards found it and it's in English!!
El Dandy !
It says it all, doesn't it? That mixture between bullfighter and Don Juan we called El Berba or Don Berba, the Spaniards found the right word for elegance and class and excellence: EL DANDY ! I couldn't agree more. It's my nickname for Berbs from now on.

Anonymous said...

Reading the Spanish press, they all say it was a Holy Thursday miracle; that Spurs were very unlucky; and that things could have been different if Berbatov wasn't so tired in the second half. And they are expecting the worst next Thursday, unless Mourinho deals with Berba once and for all. Catch the drift, Jol? Please send Berba home for a rest this weekend, ok? Don't say I didn't warn ya !

Anonymous said...

Your server is still down, I see.
Oh dear, Chelsea today deserved 3 or 4, and the bloody curse is still on. Alas !

JL Pagano said...

Well you have to remember the referee's main job is officiating in the dizzy heights of the Luxembourg First Division, so a UEFA Cup quarterfinal was always going to be a bit of a come-down for him...